Sunday, March 21, 2010


"Your imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions."

--Albert Einstein


This last assignment for my class was one on Glogster. Of all the new technology that I've been learning, I think this has to be my favorite so far. A glog is an online collage. I don't know if you know much about collages, but they spark creativity. And they're fun to make. But, making a collage requires a lot of various resources from which you cut, glue and arrange in a unique way that will capture attention and tell a story. The story can be for pure entertainment or it can be educational. On Glogster (http://www.glogster.com/) or Glogster EDU, which is for teachers and students (http://www.glogster.com/search/), you can tell your story, and let it be heard on the internet--if you choose, or you can keep it private. But making the glog is so much fun, and all your cutting and pasting is done online--so you can pull from all of the resources that are available to you on the internet. We all know that this is infinite! What I liked best about using Glogster EDU, was the thought of the endless possibilites of how this tool can be used in the classroom. It can be used with every subject! It's a great way to present a report, an essay with illustrations, math terminolgy, a history project, a science experiment. This tool allows the students to take and active part in their education--and I'm all about hands-on. All it takes is a little work and a lot of imagination!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Toni:

    I agree with you about glogster being a creative avenue. When you work with small kids they speak with pictures and then the words come along. I think as students get older they still need that combination of creating a "picture" to spark their writing. Great glog; I enjoyed it.

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete